Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Schnecken


My posts have been getting more and more intolerable, not just to me but also to the 4 readers of this blog. So I should decide to change, or continue the pattern.

Here's a picture of a Zurich slug. "Slugs" (or "snails") translates to "Schnecken" in German. This summer, walking to work or to home has been an obstacle course. These disgusting creatures are everywhere, sliming their way to rotting on a sidewalk, or just plain rotting. I don't see them anywhere else except in my path. I'm told they eat plants, usually the ones people like to eat, so they are also a nuisance.

Bear sniffed this one on an outing because it was in the way of us getting from here to there, at which point I had to wait an extra 3 minutes just for it to extrude its eyeballs again so that I could take this photo. I'm told every creature has its place. This one tends to be more on the bottom of shoes.

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean, 4 readers? I see 11 followers of your blog at the right, and loads more on FB.... Your posts rock; you are really funny and a very good writer.

    Schnecken, schnecken everywhere. Remove your shoes before going in the house :)

    ReplyDelete