Friday, August 21, 2009

An Italian, a Brit, and an American...

An Italian, a Brit, and an American walk into a Swiss bar and order three beers. I wish I had a good joke for that. I don't. It actually happened tonight. I was the American.

I can say I enjoy working with them, but can also say I reaaaally enjoy drinking with them. I learn very interesting things from different perspectives. Like no one at the table knew why Velveeta is orange. Or why in the world would Americans individually wrap sliced cheese? Or why do American steaks taste soooooooo different than the cows in Switzerland? They're the same species. A colleague's husband articulated it nicely to me. "They're quite proud of their fitness cows here."

1 comment:

  1. Drinking is definitely one of my favorite cross-cultural phenomena :) So glad you are enjoying that aspect of your new life!

    ReplyDelete