Thursday, October 8, 2009

Uh...

I used to only smell this distinguishing smell at rock concerts that I would attend with my brother. The two of us would buy tickets to attend the old and repeating music of fading rock bands. We would ask each other "How would you feel if you had to play the same song over and over, the one you wrote when you were in a depressed stupor 35 years ago?"

Now, I can smell this distinguishing smell at train stops, walks in the park, walking through an art school campus, at restaurants, at the post office, in a grocery store... I smell THIS smell more frequently than the very local gag-reflex-causing-raclette-smell. I am not living in Amsterdam. I am living in Zurich. And yet, it is tolerated because... well, I don't know why. Of all the rule following rule lovers here, this one seems to be a little relaxed.

1 comment: