Friday, November 20, 2009

OMG France

Went to Paris this week to see a couple of European icons: the Eiffel Tower, and the Louvre. My wife originally rented an apartment for the six of us (her, me, my kids, and my parents). It seemed like a good idea, one I approved when we saw the pictures of it on the Internet. Suffice it to say we're all instead at the Hotel Opal. After a grueling night, we each concurred that it was not exactly the place we would choose again.

We made it to the top of the Tower. Took this picture with my work Blackberry. The camera on it sucks. We took more pictures while on the Tower, saw the city. The last time I visited Paris, I was able to take a crepe on the Eiffel Tower. Not this time, though. My kids laugh about that. Today we will attempt a visit at the Louvre Museum. I really want to see the Mona Lisa. If I see nothing else but this, I will be satisfied.

Spent the first night of our vacation in Geneva, walked around the city the next day. Lots of expensive brand name shops there. Took a train from Geneva to Paris on the second day. When we arrived at the Paris train station, I was a bit confused by the messages on the signs. Again, another pic from my crepey Blackberry camera showed retards were probable in Avignon. Sorry about the quality of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment