Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Fitness


So, three and a half months, I now understand why the Swiss are so fit. Here are my observations:

1) Sprinting for trains and buses is a popular workout routine. On any given day, you can stand in the main station and count hundreds of people working out. I like to dress up in a suit and leather shoes for my workouts. I feel more comfortable knowing I'm getting my money's worth on outrageous dry cleaning bills.
2) The cost of everything else limits one's calorie intake. Spending capability works wonders on any diet outside the US. There are just better things to spend your money on here than outrageously expensive food. For example, gasoline for your car, car insurance, a car, speeding tickets, maintenance of your car, registration fees for your car, and all other non-car expenses.
3) Corn.

Why corn? I watched two recent movies: The Informant, and Food Inc. To me, subsidizing corn is now at the root of all American evil. Watch them both, and you'll find the same pattern, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment