Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring

I crested a hill this evening on the way home, and the beauty of Lake Zurich caught my attention for a brief moment.

I've been walking to work and home more frequently now that Spring is here. The weather is nice, the flowers are beautiful, and I've found a way to carry my work shoes in my backpack while wearing tennis shoes. I look like a dork (well, I do regardless) wearing tennis shoes with a suit, but lots of people here make me think the word dork.

There was the 62 year old lady who was riding her bicycle up the hill I was walking down this morning. There was the 55 year old man riding his blade scooter at top speeds around the crowded main train station. And since it's spring, there are scads of people wearing springy colored clothing and hair colors... something I wouldn't do no matter how dorky I am. But that's me, the stuffy American.

No comments:

Post a Comment